A QUIZ ABOUT THE LOVE OF GOD
1. Does God love everybody?
2. Does He love them no matter what they
3. Did God love the world so much that He sent Jesus to
die for it?
A QUIZ ABOUT THE DEATH OF JESUS
1. Do you believe that God's love and Jesus' death go together? In other words, because "God loved" He sent Jesus to die?
WHAT DID JESUS' DEATH ACCOMPLISH?
A QUIZ ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF JESUS' DEATH
1. Do you believe that Jesus' death and the things it
accomplished, or its benefits go together? In other
words, when Jesus died were all those things mentioned
above(forgiveness of sins, entrance to heaven, etc.,)
actually accomplished for and received by
those who Jesus died for?
Would you agree with the following chart?
God loves=Jesus dies=Benefits received
Yes or No
Now that you have answered these questions, one of two things have happened-
1. You believe that God loves everybody, and because of that love He sent Jesus to die for everybody, and everybody in the world is going to heaven...or
2. You believe that God doesn't love everybody, that Jesus didn't die for everybody and that not everybody is going to heaven.
Maybe you're saying, "Wait a minute! That's not what I believe!" But sorry to say, according to the Bible there are only two ways of looking at this issue of God's love. We like to try to make up a third way, it looks like this-
God loves everybody=Jesus died for everybody=Only some people are going to heaven
How can that be? Didn't we establish that the death of Jesus brings about certain benefits? So how can He die for someone and that person not receive those gifts of forgiveness, entrance into heaven, and reconciliation with God?
In the next lesson we will see how our assumptions are incorrect if we believe this third way of looking at God's love.