22. What must a Christian believe?
All that is promised to us in the Gospel, which is explained by the Apostles' Creed.
23. What are these articles?
24. How are the articles divided?
In three parts:
1. God the Father and our creation
2. God the Son and our redemption
3. God the Holy Spirit and our sanctification
26. What do you believe when you say "I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth"?
1. That the eternal Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who made heaven and earth is my Father also.
2. I trust that He will provide me with all things I need for my body and soul.
3. Whatever evil He allows to happen to me He will turn to good because He is Almighty and Faithful.
27. What is the providence of God?
By His power God controls all things so that nothing comes by chance but by His Fatherly hand.
28. How does this help us to know that God is in control?
We can be patient in trials, thankful for blessings, and have confidence in the future knowing that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
29. Why is the Son of God called
Because He saves us from all our sins and salvation is not to be looked for in any other.
30. Do we really believe in Jesus if we look for salvation in ourselves or somewhere else?
No. For either we seek our salvation completely in Jesus or not at all.
31. Why is He called Christ or Annointed?
Because God has ordained Him by the Holy Spirit to be our Prophet, Priest and King.
35. What does it mean that He was "conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary?"
That the Son of God through the Holy Spirit became flesh and bloody by the virgin Mary.
37. What does it mean He "suffered"?
That during His whole life on earth, but especially at the end, Christ took the anger of God for the sin of the whole human race.
38. Why did He have to suffer under Pontius Pilate as judge?
He who was innocent had to be condemned so He could free us from the judgment of God.