The Heidelberg Catechism For Kids
WHAT MUST A CHRISTIAN BELIEVE?
All that is promised to us in the Gospel, which is explained by the Apostles' Creed
WHAT IS THE APOSTLES' CREED?
(See Apostles' Creed Chart)
HOW ARE THE ARTICLES DIVIDED?
In three parts:
1. God the Father and our creation
2. God the Son and our redemption
3. God the Holy Spirit and our sanctification
SINCE THERE IS ONE GOD, WHY DO WE SPEAK OF THREE-FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT?
Because God has revealed in His Word that these three distinct Persons are the One, true, eternal God.
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE WHEN YOU SAY, "I BELIEVE IN GOD THE FATHER, ALMIGHTY, MAKER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH?"
1. That the eternal Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ who made heaven and earth is my Father also.
2. I trust He will provide me with all things I need for my body and soul.
3. Whatever evil He allows to happen to me He will turn to good because He is Almighty and Faithful.
WHAT IS THE PROVIDENCE OF GOD?
By His power God controls all things so that nothing comes by chance but by His Fatherly hand.
HOW DOES IT HELP US TO KNOW THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL?
We can be patient in trials, thankful in blessings, and have confidence in the future.